Wednesday, May 16, 2012

tweezerman

Keep reading for more photos and my review of Tweezerman's brow kit after the jump!







Let's just start out by saying that I hate getting my eyebrows waxed. I'm definitely a plucker. Every time I get them done, there's this multiweek period where no makeup will stick to the area the wax was applied, and by the time makeup sticks again its time for another wax. There's also the chance, as with my last experience, you go in for your appointment to see that the lady doing your brows has the most pencil thin brows ever, a la Christina Aguilera 2002, then proceeds to tell you while she's plucking away that "she never realized how picky she was." I was afraid to look when she was done. When I heard I'd be receiving my brow kit, I put all eyebrow duties on hiatus so I could really get a good use and feel out of the products.


As you can see in the first photo, my brows are thin, unruly and have plenty of sparse areas. I've always hated my eyebrows for this. In the second photo, I had just finished cleaning up the eyebrow area, and filled in the left brow with the Eyenhance Brow Definer. I mainly used the classic slant tweezer found here. It made cleaning up all of the tiny stray hairs a breeze. When I got into really shaping the area, the point tweezer came in very handy. I had superb control and precision when getting even the tiniest hair that was out of place. The Eyenhance Brow Definer and Highlighter Duo was one of my favorite things included. A brow pencil is almost always necessary for my brows, but I've always had the problem of them either being way too dark, to yellow or too reddish. The Tweezerman definer was literally perfect! It went on smoothly, and I then blended it in more with the brow shaping brush for a natural look, then finished them off with the Browmousse which really helped tame my unruly hairs and keep them in place. In the last photo, you can really see how the Eyenhance highlighting end really brightened up the area under my brow and helped create great definition. Plus, check out my lashes! The Tweezerman ProCurl lash curler is all kinds of great. It grabbed all of my lashes in one go and didn't even pinch! I'll seriously never purchase another eyelash curler other than this one. 

This kit certainly did not leave me disappointed! The only thing I would have changed is having the pointed slant tweezer in the mini travel size, since it does combine the best of both and would be great to have on the go. But really, how can I complain?

All of the products can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment